A couple weeks ago, I spent the afternoon at the Randolph Street Market. Most everything is entirely out of my price range, but it’s a great place to peruse some vintage merch and find some really cool knick knacks. By the food trucks was a promotional tent for White Claw Hard Seltzer. I recently hopped onto the carbonated water trend. I don’t know how or why it happened, but soda water with a splash of lime has been tasting pretty damn refreshing lately. I’m not obsessed with la croix – yet – but White Claw tasted really good! Their rep had mentioned that they could be found at Target and other grocery stores. Fast forward a few days later and I saw Truly Spiked & Sparkling at the grocery store in a variety pack. Did I remember the correct brand from Randolph Street? Clearly, I didn’t. But I decided to impulse buy this 12 pk with three flavors: Pomogranate, Grapefruit and Pomelo, and Colima Lime ($8.99). It’s also just 100 calories, 5% abv and 2 grams of carbs!
I’ve been racking my brain trying to come up with cocktail that weren’t overly-boozy and here is the first one! Alcohol-infused fruit is good (and good for you?)…right? RIGHT! So at the grocery store, I picked up some pre-cut pineapple. I cut it into smaller chunks and transferred it into a jar full of Malibu Coconut Rum.
I let the fruit soak for a few hours before assembling the drink.
Just toss the pineapple chunks and about an ounce of the infused Malibu rum into a glass. Add ice and fill to the top with the Colima Lime Spiked & Sparkling Seltzer.
This slightly sweet and über refreshing drink pairs great with spicy food, like chipotle chicken with roasted tomato sliders. Pop a chunk of pineapple in your mouth between bites fore a sweet palate cleanser.
Coco Lime Spritzer
A sweet, bubbly, and refreshing cocktail
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 1 8 oz Malibu, or any other coconut flavored rum
- 1 12 oz can of Lime flavored Truly Spiked & Sparkling Hard Seltzer
- Cut pineapple into 1/2 in. chunks and place in a container.
- Fill container with Malibu or coconut rum and seal. Place in a sunny location or you can also refrigerate for a few hours.
- Add desired amount of pineapple chunks to a glass. I used a rocks glass.
- Add an ounce of the infused rum to the glass.
- Add ice and fill to the top of glass with Spiked Seltzer.